Friday, January 12, 2018

Christmas 2017 Fallout

Now that I am a parent Christmas is mostly all about making the kids happy and helping Santa get them the toys that were on their list. But every year I still look forward to unwrapping my own gifts from my kids & wife. They typically do a great job of getting me some sweet presents and this year they did not disappoint. I know it's a little late, but lets look behind the wrapping paper and see what goodies were under the tree for me this year!

Super Mario Maker for the 3DS
I have been wanting this game for a long time now. It didn't matter if it was the 3DS or Wii version. I just wanted the power to control Mario's adventures in the Mushroom Kingdom. For so many years Nintendo dictated to us what perils would befall our fearless plumber, but now I can put 100 Bloopers in Bowser's castle and give Mario all the abilities he needs to succeed! I love this game, my kids love this game...kudos to you Nintendo!

DreamWorks Voltron Action Figures
Every Sunday for about the last year my kids and myself have been watching a new episode of the DreamWorks Voltron Legendary Defender series on Netflix. We love it! It is one of the few rebooted series from my childhood that I can actually say is better than the original. The animation is top notch, the action is great and the humor is fantastic! If you have not seen this show, I highly recommend you do it soon. Anyway back to the toys. We all got a lion that all come together to form a huge, interactive Voltron figure! I received the Black Lion. We have had a lot of fun with this guy since Christmas morning!

Gremlins Glasses and Ice Cube Tray
I had never seen these before. I didn't ask for them, but I am glad I got them! I am a big fan of the Gremlins movies and anything with a Mogwai or devilish Gremlin on it is a winner in my book! One glass has Gizmo on it and shares the "Rules" of Mogwai caretaking that I am sure we are all familiar with. The other glass features Stripe on it and his "REVISED" rules which include "Feeding after midnight", "Keep out of sunlight" and "Get them wet". Very cool! BTW the Ice Cube tray was in the freezer when I took this pic.
 
Movies: Logan, Apocalypse & Wonder Woman
I had not seen any of these movies yet. So far the only one I have watched out of this all-star trio is X-Men Apocalypse. It was okay, not my favorite X-Men movie. Hopefully soon I can check out Logan & WW. I am so far behind on my movies! I guess that's what happens when you're a parent?

Dome Basketball Game
I used to have one of these when I was a kid and me and my brother would spend a ton of time slamming the buttons hoping to score a bucket and become basketball world champions! I played it with my kids, but they didn't seem to get as excited as I was when playing Dome B-ball!

Stocking Stuffers
I love stocking stuffers, maybe even more than the main gifts. I love the anticipation of seeing how much stuff got shoved into my Spider-Man stocking every Christmas morning! This year I got a few TMNT blind boxes, a TMNT fidget spinner, a Kylo Ren figure eraser, Star Wars playing cards, a bootleg Turbo Football and of course lots of candy including Snickers bars and Sour Patch Kids!
That's it for this year! I hope you got everything that was on your list. I can't wait until Christmas 2018! Enjoy the new year everyone and let us know what your favorite holiday gift was in the comment section below!

No comments:

Post a Comment