Thursday, June 9, 2016

Knicks Ghostbusting...


Saw this promo for the upcoming Ghostbusters movie last night while watching Game 3 of the NBA Finals (Cleveland 120, Golden State 90) and thought it was pretty AWESOME! Wayyyyy better than the Kobe version. I think I would be more excited to see this Melo, Spike, Frazier & Porzingis lineup than the one in the GB reboot. Although I might sub in Patrick Ewing for Porzingis? I really do want to like the 2016 Ghostbusters, I am trying hard, but then I see something that makes me question how good this could be again. I know Dan Aykroyd gave it the thumbs up, but he also can stand to make a lot of money if the movie does well. I will more than likely see GB2016 in theaters and then I can finally decide if it is worthy of taking over the franchise I loved so much as a kid.
While watching the above promo, I was reminded of the time I met Spike Lee and saw him talk at my college. He was very nice and signed a copy of "Do The Right Thing" (1989) for me. Then he talked with the student body and was very motivating and empowering. Truly a highlight from my college career and a moment I'm glad I didn't pass on.
"My people, my people, what can I say; say what I can. I saw it but didn't believe it; I didn't believe what I saw. Are we gonna live together? Together are we gonna live?"
- Mister Senor Love Daddy  

No comments:

Post a Comment