Friday, January 21, 2022

Non-Sports Card Showcase #2

I have loved collecting cards since I was 6 years old. Recently it's been a bit of a hassle keeping up with the hobby by attempting to actually locate products or seeing the huge prices secondary sellers are trying to get. Regardless, I still enjoy opening a fresh pack of cards whether it be baseball, basketball or Garbage Pail Kids! Recently I was sitting in my basement with my kids going through some of my collection and I realized that I have some pretty cool non-sports cards. Today, I'd like to share a few more of those cards with you. Let's begin!
2002 Inkworks MIIB #PW1
I've stated on here before about how big of a Fresh Prince/Will Smith fan I am and it may come to no surprise that I loved the Men In Black films. This card set came out in 2002 and I did buy a few packs in hope that I would get lucky and pull one of these relic cards. I never did pull one, but I kept it on my wish list and would check the eaby listings from time to time. I finally found this card featuring a piece of screen worn MIB suit, for around $5. I know it's not from Will's suit, but still a cool piece of MIB memorabilia.
2006 Topps Chrome #CO-JM
Last week I told you all about my love of Jenny McCarthy back in the 90s, but as time went on so did I. She still holds a special place in my teenage years, but by the time this card was released I really could have cared less. I think I received this card in a relic card lot that I bought pretty cheap.
2008 Upper Deck Semi-Pro #1
I am a big fan of the movie Semi-Pro and, in my opinion, it's one of Will Ferrell's funniest movies. In 2008 Upper Deck released a 3 card set to help promote the movie. The other 2 cards feature Andre 3000 as Clarence "Coffee" Brown and Woody Harrelson as Ed Monix. I found these pretty cheap and they always make me smile when I see them in my collection.
2015 Panini Americana #MS-JJ
The other half of my most favorite rap duo of all-time, DJ Jazzy Jeff has made quite a name for himself in the music industry. Yes, I enjoy his Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince albums, but I also really like his solo stuff that he has put out over the years. Each album is it's own mix tape and features production by Jeff with guest vocals by some of the biggest names in hip-hop like Eminem, The Roots, Method Man & Biz Markie. This is one card I will never let go of!
1995 Sports Stars USA #103
Again I am ending on a card that features one of the greatest sporting icons of all-time, Michael Jordan. I found this in a dollar box at a local card shop and had to pick it up. It features Jordan in his White Sox attire during his baseball playing phase in the 90's and encourages us all to eat our Wheaties. I like the shimmery faux autograph on the front and the basic back really help to make this oddball card a standout in my collection! Did you collect non-sports cards back in the day? If so, let us know what your favorite sets to collect were in the comment section below.

2 comments: