Friday, September 22, 2017

Birthday Recap 2017!

My family really did an amazing job this year taking care of me on my birthday! First off when I woke up that morning sitting on the kitchen counter was this amazing Mr. Men cake my wife baked for me! It was butter/pecan flavor and she made the caramel frosting and Mr. Bump, Mr. Tickle and Mr. Happy were created with colored chocolates!

When I got home from work, my kids couldn't wait for me to open my gifts. The first one I opened was this mini Centipede arcade cabinet! I set the high score of the day at just over 35,000 points. I felt pretty accomplished until my wife told me the world record was over 16 million points!
Next I opened a gift from my son, these Masters of the Universe Megaconstrux mini-figs! I love these guys! They are like having mini versions of the original action figures! It was a bonus when we figured out you can remove their heads. We put Skeletor's staff skull on his head and it looks AWESOME!

Bill & Ted's Excellent Double Feature! I have owned a copy of Bogus Journey for a long time now. I got it from Pizza Hut when they did a "Dinner & a movie" promotion back in the day, but for some reason I never owned Excellent Adventure...until now! EXCELLENT!!! Also, the family stepped up my t-shirt game with this Space Jam shirt. I immediately took off my plain white tee and put this baby on!

My oldest daughter got me some of my favorite candy and a new Wii Nunchuck controller. She picked this out so we could all play games together. We already have 2, but now 3 players can take part in the Superhero Squad battles on the WiiU! What a thoughtful gift!
My youngest daughter picked out this Yeti in My Spaghetti game! If you don't know what this game is, it's kind of a mash-up between pick up sticks and Don't Break The Ice. You set up a bed of spaghetti over a bowl and place the adorable little Yeti in the middle. Each player takes a turn removing a piece of spaghetti. The one that drops him in ends the game. We had so much fun with this one. If you have kids between the ages of 5 & 8 like I do, I highly recommend it!

Opening all those gifts gave us an appetite! So we went to the best pizza parlor in town, Village Inn Pizza! This place has such an 80s retro feel to it. 
They have stained glass windows, dark lighting, classic salad bar and VIDEO GAMES!!!!
We were able to play the table top Ms. Pac-Man game (I set the high score!), Feeding Frenzy a crane game and Fast and the Furious. Then our pizza came!
We got a Pepperoni for the kids and the Village Inn special for me and my wife. This pizza was topped with Pepperoni, Salami, Sausage, Green Pepper, Onion, Black Olive And Mushroom and it was delicious! After dinner we went home, played some games and had some cake. It was a great day and I am so appreciative of all the thought that my family put into it. I am a lucky guy!   




2 comments:

  1. Wow Happy Birthday! I have those MOTU Megaconstrux to and love them! I have thought about buying one of those mini arcades and ironically there is a Village Inn Pizza here in Muncie, wonder if its the same company. Will have to go try their pizza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it's anything like our Village Inn Pizza, you won't be disappointed! Their dough is made from scratch and is AMAZING!

      Delete