Friday, October 20, 2017

My Faves: Figure Collection #6

I have a fairly big collection of loose figures from the 80s & 90s. I would like to share a few of my faves with you at this time and since it's the Halloween season, I'm gonna make this one an ALL BAD GUYS EDITION! Here we go!

Toon Shredder (Playmates, 1992)
I never had this version of the Shredder as a kid, but always wanted him. He was released around the time I stopped buying toys and hit puberty. This version of Shredder is what we should have got the first time around instead of that purple and dark blue suited imposter that was released in 1988. I just wish he wasn't so damn hard to pose!

 Mumm-Ra Mini-Figurine (Kid Works, 1986)
These mini versions of the Thundercats characters were a favorite of me and my brother. They had no articulation, but they were travel size and always made the shopping trips with our Mom all that more epic and exciting!

Kang from Treehouse of Horror XVI (Burger King, 2011)
I have a soft spot for this Treehouse of Horror series from Burger King. They were released around the time my twins were born. Myself and the wife had been stuck at the hospital for a few days and my wife's parents were cool enough to watch our oldest daughter. She was going to become a big sister, but wasn't able to visit the hospital yet so I still wanted to keep her involved and do something special. I picked her up from the house one day and took her to Burger King and we got some Kids Meals that had these toys inside! Good memories.

Target Exclusive Titanium Darth Vader (Kenner, 2010)
I don't have too much to say about this figure except that I picked up this Titanium Darth on clearance while I was working at Target. I'm a big Star Wars fan and Mr. Vader is my favorite character. How could I pass up this toy?

Battle Armor Skeletor (Mattel, 1984)
I absolutely loved this guy as a kid! To this day I still feel giddy every time I roll back his battle damaged chest plate and then punch it to reveal dents and scratches! It really makes me feel like the most powerful man in the universe! This version of Skeletor is great, but he still comes in at a close second to my number one pick, Dragon Blaster Skeletor.

Did you enjoy this post? If you missed the first few parts of the 20 Years Before 2000 "My Faves: Figure Collection" series you can view them at the links below!

7 comments:

  1. Kang! Yes! The toon Shredder looks cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was so hard to find! Shredder came out towards the end of the original line and can get pretty expensive online.

      Delete
  2. I loved the battle armor versions of He-Man and Skeletor, and Thunder Punch He-Man as well. Fun read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thunder Punch He-Man was tha shiznit! I can still smell the smoke from his cap firing action!

      Delete
  3. I loved eraser figures as a kid.You could have the whole cast of characters in your pocket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had some He-Man and Star Wars eraser figures as a kid, but the Thundercats mini-figures are actually made out of hard plastic! Perfect for throwdowns between good and evil in the back of Mom's car!

      Delete
  4. Battle Armor He-Man and Skeletor are my two absolute favorite figures from the line! LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete