Friday, March 16, 2018

A Trip To Bones Arcade

Every now and then I like to take my son out on what we call a "Dude's Day". This is a day for just me and my son to go out without the girls and do the things he wants to do. Last week he planned the day out for us and off we went! The first thing we did was stop at the Lego Store. While we were there my son picked out a few pieces to make a Lego volcano and a Lego Shark to put in the volcano!
The next stop was to a place we had been wanting to go to for a while! It was a new arcade that opened a few months back. They had so many games in that place from Mario Bros. to Raw Thrills' Walking Dead game!
There was also a place in the back called "Pinball Alley" were they had at least 20 different pinball games to play. My son played the Jurassic Park game and he picked the South Park game for me, but the one I wanted to play the most was...
the Back To The Future Part II table! Unfortunately this one was out of order, but that didn't stop me from drooling over the artwork on this thing. They got Doc pretty close, but Marty...not so much!
After playing around in Pinball Alley, my son and I had a few cheeseburgers with fries and Root Beer for lunch at the arcade. It was pretty good. Then it was back to the games! We hit up the "Classics" section and played some Dig-Dug, Donkey Kong and one of my fave old school cabinets...Centipede with the track ball controls! I remember playing this same cabinet every time we had to go to the dentist. Yes, our dentist had video games in his waiting room and it was AWESOME!!!
We played a few more games of Crossy Road, Pac-Man and Mario Kart we hit up our favorite games in the place. Mine was Turtles In Time! Yes, I have played this game many times over the years, but not on a stand-up arcade cabinet. There is just something about playing a game this way that makes it 100 times better. My son's favorite game was a huge version of Space Invaders. This game was incredibly fun. It was like original Space Invaders with a twist. Each level had it's own unique challenge and there were mega power ups to use against the never ending rows of alien intruders. We made it to level 6 together and had a blast doing it!
We finished up our defense of the Earth and then we hit up the candy store and grabbed a bag full of delicious Gummy Sharks. We needed the candy because next we were off to the movie theater to see...
Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle! Myself and my son both enjoyed the movie and he hasn't stopped talking about it since. If you havn't seen it yet, I would recommend checking it out. There are nods to the original film in the movie, but if you haven't seen the Robin Williams flick, don't worry, the story holds up on it's own just fine! We left the theater happy with our movie choice and my son requested we make one more stop...
GameStop that is! I got a gift card from my parents for Christmas and my son has been on a huge Sonic The Hedgehog kick lately so he picked out the Sonic Lost World game and I grabbed a used copy of Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition for $9.99. It was a great day and we had tons of fun. This weekend I'm taking my oldest daughter out for a daddy/daughter day. We'll see where she leads us. I'm sure it will be fun!

4 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for stopping by and picking me up. Sure did have a blast waiting on the couch for you while you had a killer day at the arcade, movies, toy store, game store and candy store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A real arcade... I didn't think there were any of those left anywhere. A few years ago I made a little papercraft arcade for my action figures. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are hard to find, but once they are discovered it is an AMAZING time that I am glad I can share with my kids!

      Delete