Friday, May 11, 2018

TMNT Adventures Postcard

One of the first comic books I ever received was an issue of the Archie published Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Adventures. I loved that series! It was like we would receive new episodes of the TMNT cartoon every month. The artwork from Ryan Brown and Chris Allan was exceptional and the stories written by Dean Clarrain aka Stephen Murphy were captivating. I gazed at every inch of those issues and finally decided to write in to the Turtle Tracks page at the end of each book. And guess what? I got a reply postcard!!!
I of course told them how much I enjoyed the comic and was wondering where I could purchase some back issues that I was missing. Here was the response...
I was so excited to receive this from the TMNT team, I didn't even care what they had written! I still wonder why this card came postmarked from Northampton, MA and not from NY where Archie Comics headquarters were. Was Mirage handling the letters? If so, I wonder who wrote back to me? Was it one of the people who worked on the book or an office assistant? I will probably never know the answers to these questions, but I do know one thing...this is a prized possession in my Ninja Turtles collection! Still to this day I re-read those early Archie TMNT Adventures comics and it takes me back to a time when the Turtles were on top, to a time when TURTLE POWER ruled the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment