Friday, April 19, 2019

Old Stuff From The WB

While doing a little spring cleaning around the office, I recently discovered that the station I work for used to run the WB Television Network as a secondary channel! 
The WB launched on January 11th, 1995 and focused mostly shows catering to the teenage and young adult viewers. With shows like Unhappily Ever After, Sister/Sister, 7th Heaven and Buffy The Vampire Slayer to name a few. The WB had some hit shows on it's roster, but ultimately ended up folding on September 17th, 2006. The WB & rival independent station UPN came together to form what is now known as The CW.
The WB lastled just over a decade, but I do remember watching some of the shows and especially the Kids WB Saturday Morning Cartoon lineups. I hadn't thought about it for a while until recently when I uncovered these artifacts in my office.
WB Balloons
There were a ton of these stashed away in one of my office cabinets. I may take some of them home so my kids can have an insane water balloon fight this summer in memory of Michigan J. Frog and The WB.
Mucha Lucha Stickers
These were part of a group of stickers that also included The Jackie Chan Adventures and Pokemon. Mucha Lucha must have been the least favorite of the group, because I still have a bunch of these in my cabinet at work.
Kids WB Tattoos 
Once again, we must have received a truckload of these colorful tattoos to giveaway as promotional items at community events, because I have enough of these to keep myself tatted up for the next 85 years! I love the artwork on these and the variety of characters from The WB's cartoon line up is AWESOME! Only problem is since they are so old, they don't really stick to your skin so well.
The Wayans Bros. Mail Box
This is my favorite item of all the WB promotional offerings. First off it's a mail box! I keep some of my kids artistic drawings and crafts inside. Second, I was a huge fan of The Wayans Bros. show. Did you know The Wayans Bros. was the first show to air on The WB Network when it launched in 1995? Pretty AWESOME! My favorite episode had to be the one where Gary Coleman helped the brothers sell a product called "Goop! Hair it is". Also, who can forget that memorable opening sequence.
That's it for now. If I find any other cool retro stuff lying around the office, you can be sure I will share it with you here on 20 Years Before 2000!

No comments:

Post a Comment