Thursday, November 28, 2019

A Celebration of Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade

A few years ago I received this LIFE "America's Parade" book as a gift through work. I hadn't read it in years and as luck should have it, I stumbled upon it again while searching for my Wii Zapper for my son! It was in the back of a long forgotten cabinet in the kids playroom in the basement. I started flipping through it and remembered how cool this book was! It tells the story of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade from it's small start as an idea imagined by a few immigrants working at Macy's to express gratitude toward their new American heritage in 1924 to the huge spectacle it has become today. Here were some of my favorite shots from the book.






The stories in this book are great, the history is interesting and the behind the scenes images are priceless. If you are a fan of this parade, I suggest you take a look at this book. Now stop reading this awesome blog and enjoy some time with your family! From everyone here at 20 Years Before 2000 .. HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment