Friday, December 17, 2021

A Peek at Christmas 2021:Part I

This year Christmas is returning to a little bit of normalcy after last year's restrictions. Either way, nothing has stood in the way of my family taking part in some of our favorite Christmas traditions like watching Christmas Specials, decorating the tree and just enjoying the season together. Below may seem like a random dump of photos, but it is a peek into what the season is like in my household. I hope you and yours have an amazing holiday season. No matter how you celebrate or what you celebrate, appreciate those around you and just remember the good times. Feel free to let me know about your family's favorite traditions in the comment section below and have a MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
You can always find cool wrapping paper at the Dollar Tree! This year they had these Super Mario Bros. Snowman papers. Love it!
My son added his own personal touch to the Nativity scene this year. I know how the shepherds passed the time while waiting for our savior to be born!
The annual busting out of the VCR to watch Home Alone on VHS is always a welcomed treat in our house. This is the same VHS tape that my Dad bought for us kids back in the early 90's!
Whoever was in charge of the Christmas Crunch box art this year really knocked it out of the park and should be allowed to design the next 100 boxes. Who knew the Cap'N and Ugly Sweaters were such a natural pairing?
Mountain Dew Gingerbread Snap'd was a fantastic discovery this year. It really tasted like someone drained the essence of a ginger snap cookie and bottled it up for us to enjoy. I hope this comes back next year...and the year after that...and so on.
Disney's "Prep & Landing" Christmas Specials are some of those rare recent specials that really are great! It has become tradition for us to watch these at the beginning of the holiday season each year. With Kids In The Hall alum Dave Foley as the main elf, Wayne, you know this is a winner! 
Bought this ornament for our Christmas tree this year. We have a few other of these penguin ornaments in our collection since each one of these cheerful critters represents one of our 3 kids.
I love reading my kids Christmas books and one of their favorites is Olive The Other Reindeer. Of course we had to follow up that read with a watch of the Matt Groening produced "Olive The Other Reindeer" Christmas cartoon special!
Watching Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles any day is a must in my household. The fact that this DVD has an episode titled "The Christmas Aliens" which is an animated version of the Mirage Michelangelo special comic makes it a staple in our rotation. The episode even features a cameo appearance by Stan Sakai's Usagi Yojimbo! You can watch the episode at the Youtube link below, but be quick, who knows how long it will be available!

6 comments:

  1. So much goodness. Love that you watch the Home Alone movie via VHS on an old VCR player. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want my kids to enjoy the movie as I did back when I was a 10 year old boy...commercials and all!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words and Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Smart Pop made a Christmas Berry themed popcorn. It is stupid sweet though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wife loves popcorn. I'll have to have her try that.

      Delete