Monday, May 8, 2017

Top ten game wants for SNES Mini


The NES Mini has come and gone. I was one of the lucky few that was able to find one at a retail store and I LOVE IT! In fact, just today me and the kids were playing Double Dragon II, Bubble Bobble and Balloon Fight on it. I just wish there was a way to add more of my fave Nintendo games to it? Well, now all the talk and speculation has come to Nintendo releasing a SNES Mini in time for the 2017 holiday season. If this happens, I want one! Here is my top ten list of games that I would like to see on the console based on how much I enjoyed them as a kid.
 
The Simpsons: Bart's Nightmare
(1992, Acclaim Entertainment)

Contra III: The Alien Wars
(1992, Konami)

Final Fight
(1991, Capcom)

Ken Griffey Jr's Winning Run
(1996, Rare LTD.)

Super Mario Kart
(1992, Nintendo)
 
Mega Man Soccer
(1994, Capcom)

NCAA Basketball
(1992, HAL Laboratory)

Super Street Fighter II
(1994, Capcom)

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time
(1992, Konami)

The Legend of Zelda: A Link To The Past
(1992, Nintendo)
Honorable Mentions go to: Act Raiser, Donkey Kong Country, Earthworm Jim, Killer Instinct, NBA Jam Tournament Edition and Sim City. I hope you enjoyed that Super Nintendo featuring Mr. Paul Rudd. What games would make it onto your SNES Mini wish list? 

4 comments:

  1. Honestly, I would rather them update the NES mini with more games, or different ones, and re-release that as opposed to a Super NES.

    FYI - There is a way to get the mini with all the NES games ever made via ebay. It's just not necessarily...You know...Legal...Or cheap. Not that the NES mini is cheap to begin with - Especially since Nintendo have official ceased production.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at the auctions on ebay and never pulled the trigger because of the whole legality of it all. Makes me wonder how they can sell them online?

      Delete
  2. Pretty much everything you have here but I'd add a few RPG'S like Secret of Evermore and Earthbound.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was never really into RPGs during the 16 bit era, but not everyone is into the same things.

      Delete