Friday, January 20, 2017

Second Hand Score: TMNT Pizza Power!

A few years ago I uncovered this TMNT treasure at Goodwill for $1.99. I never played the Ninja Turtles Pizza Power game until my kids recently found it in a storage closet.
We opened the box and read over the rules, which are pretty complex for a board game aimed at kids! Here are the rules, I'll try to make it as easy to follow as possible. You pick one of four turtles, you roll the dice and move around the board.
While moving around you collect "Good Guy" cards. Featuring Raphael, Michaelangelo, Donatello, Leonardo, Splinter & April.
You then use these "Good Guy" cards to battle the "Bad Guys". For example, if you land on a bad guy with the number "2" on it, you must battle with a good guy that is ranked "2" or higher. Then to battle, you place the dice in the blue flipper and try to get the dice to fall into a spot equal to or greater than the number on the "Bad Guy" card. Make sense?
Once you have collected 3 "Bad Guy" cards and 4 "Good Guy" cards you must remove a manhole cover that then leads you to the Technodrome to battle Krang.
To defeat Krang you must flip your dice into the number 1, 2 & 3 slots on the flipper to win! It's that easy!
Needless to say, me and the kids modified the rules a little to make the game move a little faster. In the end we all had fun and enjoyed this retro gaming experience!
This game was released in the mid 80s by Rose Art during the early stages of the Turtles popularity. The artwork is amazingly retro and classic. I also like how Bebop and Rocksteady are only referred to as "Punk". I am happy I found this game and experienced the joy of PIZZA POWER!!!


7 comments:

  1. Seems like an enjoyable game. Like you, I like the fact that all of the characters are labeled by name except for Bebop and Rocksteady!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had this game as a kid and loved it. My parents hated it, though, and so I rarely had anyone to play it with. I'd try to play with friends but all they would want to do was launch the dice at people. Gorgeous artwork on this one, though. You made a real find!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Throwing things at each other has always been a favorite pastime for young boys.

      Delete
  3. How many chances do you have to score 1, 2, and 3 inside the Technodrome?? I have the game but no instructions for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe its 3 tries, but I will check for you the next time we bust out the game.

      Delete
  4. Damn, I was thinking 5! Anyway I would appreciate that very much. If you could take a pic or 2 of the complete rules that would be awesome too.
    These games rocked. I also have this Tower of Doom game, but I've lost Splinter.
    https://www.kidizen.com/items/teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles-tower-of-doom-game-7348346

    ReplyDelete