Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Retro Revival Challenge: Movie Memories

This week the Retro Revival Challenge from the Retro Ramblings website is to tell about OUR FIRST TIME AT A MOVIE THEATER!  What was the first movie you saw at a theater?  How old were you?  Do you remember a lot about it?  Tell us everything!" I'm not sure if this was my first movie going experience, but it is the first one I can vaguely remember!
It was 1985 and I was 5 years old. My entire family went to see the film "Baby: Secret of the Lost Legend". To a 5 year old me this movie was amazing! There were real dinosaurs in it! I remember really enjoying the movie, but that's not why I remember this trip to the theater.
We must have recently watched The Peanuts "Bon Voyage Charlie Brown" cartoon special. Because for some reason the part where Linus is stuck in a burning house and yelling "FIRE! FIRE!" stuck with me. During the previews before the movie I stood up and yelled "FIRE! FIRE!" in a well attended theater for no apparent reason. I did not do it to cause panic or hurt anyone. My mom was so embarrassed and she had every right to be. I learned my lesson to never yell "FIRE!" in a crowd again unless I was the one on fire. It was about 20 years later when my Mom went with us to the movies again.

No comments:

Post a Comment