Friday, March 30, 2018

Daddy/Daughter Day 2018 #2

Last weekend I took my youngest child (by 1 minute) out for a Daddy/Daughter day. The first thing we did was head over to Toys R Us to grab her a "Star Wars: Forces of Destiny" Princess Leia doll. Then after that she wanted to head to the arcade. Her twin brother had talked about it so much that she really wanted to go. The game she wanted to play the most was "Crossy Road"! I can't stand this game! It is one dollar per play and you only get 1 life! It's a sort of a "Frogger" clone where the goal is to cross the obstacles without getting hit. The only problem is there is only one button! That button moves you forward. One bad move and there is no turning back. WHAM! Dollar gone! Before I could even load my 4 quarters into the machine to play co-op with my daughter her turn was already over! We agreed to never play this game again and enjoyed the other offerings at the arcade including Space Invaders, Pac-Man Junior and Mario Bros. I got to play the Robocop pinball game and a round of pool with my 6 year old. It was fun, but we were getting hungry and headed to...
McDonalds for a Snoopy Happy Meal. My daughter opted for the cheeseburger Happy Meal and got the Baseball Snoopy toy. I had my usual Double Quarter Pounder with cheese meal. This was the first time I have had McDonalds new "Fresh" beef patties, and I gotta say I prefer the old beef patties. Maybe it's just because I'm used to the flavor of the old recipe, but something tasted a little off. It wasn't terrible, just not what I'm used to from the Golden Arches. Anyway after lunch we were going to catch a flick at the local cinema, but we have to get some rations. So we made our way to...
CANDY TOWN USA! I love this place. It is so retro from the candies they have available to the old school soda shop inside the store.
You want gummies? They've got walls of them! How about licorice, jawbreakers or Runts? They've got you covered! There are literally hundreds of varieties to chose from! And you get to mix and match and make your own variety pack. So amazing!
Throughout the store they also have vintage coin op machines like a strength tester, guess your weight machine and...
FREAKIN' ZOLTAR! He is not as cool looking as his counterpart from the Tom Hanks movie "BIG", but he does tell fortunes, his mouth moves and crystal ball glows! FYI, I am still only 6 feet tall and did not grow to 7 feet to chase my dreams of NBA stardom! Still fun though! We spent a lot of time at Candy Town, but we had to leave so we could catch our movie. We grabbed some Haribo SMURFS Sour Gummies and were off to see...
Peter Rabbit! My Mom read me these books as a kid and I have read them to my kids, so I was more than happy with my daughter's pick of movies. It was a pretty good kids flick and when it eventually is released on Blu-Ray/DVD, I'm sure we'll get a copy to add to our Easter movie rotation. If you have kids, I say give it a shot. Well, that was the last kid/dad day for a while! I wonder what their mom has ready for them? 

1 comment: