Friday, March 8, 2019

TMNT Sewer Squad!

Months ago I was doing some digging on the Playmates Toys web site and stumbled upon the Rise of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Sewer Squad Membership page. I looked it over and saw that for $15 you could become a part of the squad and receive 4 Rise of the TMNT action figures, a membership certificate and a membership card! Sign me up!
I love the fact that a TMNT fan club is still a thing in 2019, that alone sold me. But to get 4 exclusive action figures for $15, that is a steal. These toys go from anywhere between $8-$10 a piece. I order the club membership and had to wait a pretty long time before my box came in the mail. When it did it was a joyous day in our household.
Since the ordering of this box of mutated goodness, Christmas had passed and my son had received the entire first wave of Rise of the TMNT figures as gifts. So, we didn't really need a whole other set. I am holding onto these guys first of all as a collector and second, just in case one of the other toys breaks or looses some pieces. Here is a closer look at the ninja teens!
 DONATELLO
 LEONARDO
 MICHELANGELO
RAPHAEL

As you can see, there are some minor differences to these toys versus what you can get on the pegs at the store. First off each of the members of the green machine come bagged instead of on cardboard backers. Second each turtle has a slight variation in the paint scheme, such as the bandages on Raph and some of the details to the shells. Lastly the weapons have extra painted on details. 
It's a crazy good deal to all this for just $15 bucks. If you or any of your kids are Turtle fans I suggest you check this deal out today. You can visit the Sewer Squad page by clicking HERE and you too could be a part of the Mean Green Machine! COWABUNGA!!!

4 comments:

  1. Dang,that's really cool!Youll be lucky to find one solid action figure for 15 bucks these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right? One figure costs you between $8-$10. So all 4 for $15 plus fan club benefits = AWESOMENESS!

      Delete
  2. That’s really cool! I wonder if they’re still offering this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like they are. Check out the page at https://playmatestoys.com/brands/rise-of-the-teenage-mutant-ninja-turtles/pizza-points-rewards/

    ReplyDelete