Friday, October 2, 2020

Cakes my Wife Made!

Last week when I posted about my 40th birthday haul, I had mentioned that my wife had created a "One-Eyed Willie Goonies Map" cake for me. This got a lot of reaction and people wanted to see the cake. Well, check out the picture above! My wife got into cake making back when our first daughter turned 1.
For that momentous occasion, she created this amazing giraffe cake. She makes the cake from box mix, but everything else is handmade from the frosting to the fondant. She has also made candy sugar glass for the ice castle from Frozen and an Ooze Canister from TMNT!

This year my twins asked for an Evee Pokemon cake and a Ghostbusters Ghost Trap cake! It took her a couple days and a few setbacks changed the final product, but the wife pulled it off again! She even added lights to the outside and inside of the Ghost Trap! Needless to say the kids were amazed and extremely happy!

Over the years she has learned new techniques and has become a master at making candy flowers, water that looks real and ways to frost cakes with some pretty cool baking tools.


Co-workers, family members and friends have asked her to make cakes for their kids birthdays and my wife being the kind person that she is, takes the time to help with some of their requests. Most of the time, she does not have the avaialability to make these herself, but she offers to help them make the cakes and they always turn out looking fantastic!


No matter what kind of crazy cakes we ask my wife to make, she always comes through and not only do they look great, but they taste delicious! She works part time, is a mom full time and still finds a few hours a year to make us all happy! So lucky to have her for this reason and about a million others! Here are some more outstanding cakes she has made for me and our kids over the years! Start drooling...NOW!






















8 comments:

  1. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. Those are awesome. My birthday is late March. Just saying. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, let me be the first to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY for 2021!!

      Delete
  2. One GI Joe cake, please! Or two if she's got the time 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMAZING! I'm with Tone. One G.I. Joe cake, please!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I wonder what she could whip up if I told her I wanted a G.I. Joe cake for my 41st?

      Delete
  4. I'm not much for sweets, therefor never eat cake, but I can still appreciate the artistry, and talent, that it took to make these. That Ghost trap sure is amazing, I'm pretty sure that I've never seen lights in a cake (or any other dessert for that matter) before. The NES control is really fun too. It looks like it's one of the "simpler" designs, but I think the Thundercats cake is my favorite, the red frosting really makes the logo pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed checking these out. It stresses my wife out to try and make 3 cakes over a one week period, but she always comes through and is happy just to see the smile on our kids faces!

    ReplyDelete