Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Retro on the Cheap: Dollar Store Card Packs


While visiting the local Dollar Tree store last week, I came across their trading card section. Dollar Tree had everything from Star Wars to Garbage Pail Kids to Topps Baseball cards. The one pack on the rack that caught my eye though, was the "Ultimate Super Jumbo Pack" mixed edition! These contained 30 cards per pack of mixed sports including Hockey, Baseball, Football, Basketball and even NASCAR & Golf. Most of these cards were from the 80s & 90s. All for $1! I dug through each pack looking for a card that I wanted and then I found it...
No, it wasn't that sweet Doug Wilson Pro Set card. It was the Topps Stadium Club "Frequent Flyers" Scottie Pippen card from the 1993-94 series! Anything from the 90s Chicago Bulls teams will always catch my attention. So, I tore open the pack hoping to find more super stars in the mix. Here are the best cards I pulled from the pack:
Orel Hershiser 1989 Topps All-Star card, Jeromy Burnitz 1991 Classic Rookie Card...
 Andre "Awesome" Dawson 1988 Topps card, Fred McGriff 1991 Classic Card...
and the silver tuna of the group, Scottie Pippen 1993-94 Topps Stadium Club "Frequent Flyers" card!
Then there were 25 other common cards that featured players like Bip Roberts that I really didn't care about. Overall, I feel like I got my dollar's worth out of the pack and if I found another "Ultimate Super Jumbo Pack" with a card I wanted to own in it, I would spend the dollar.

No comments:

Post a Comment