Friday, December 30, 2016

2016 Christmas Recap


 
This past Christmas was AMAZING! I got some time off from work spent the day with my kids and wife and tore into a heaping helping of holiday goodness! My kids got what they asked for, a Hatchimal, Lego Mixels and an American Girl Doll. Let's see what I got, shall we?
 
Video Games
Got Madden from my sister, NES Remix from the in-laws, Ducktales from my kids & wife and Skylanders was a family present. I have wanted that Ducktales game for so long and it didn't disappoint! It was a blast of nostalgia wrapped up in a modern graphics package! So fun! We got a bunch of Skylanders figures at Toys R Us and stashed them away when they were "Buy 1 Get 3 Free". We were able to get all the kids' favorite characters (Spyro, Stealth Elf & Eruptor) and then some! Still have some in reserve for future holiday gift giving.
 
Movies & TV Shows on DVD
Scored the 5th season of "The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air", 1st season of "What's Happening", Volume 6 of the original "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" cartoon and "Deadpool". I am a huge fan of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and only need season 6 to complete my collection! I remember watching What's Happening as a kid in syndication and loving it for some reason? It still is a fun watch today and my kids walk around the house humming the catchy theme song! Still haven't seen Deadpool yet. I hope to rectify that this weekend!
 
Dorbz Vinyl Figures
Dorbz may be taking my attention away from Pop Vinyls. I mean look at these ultra cute versions of Peter, Winston and Donatello and tell me they wouldn't look sweet on your collectors shelf and they are super affordable!
 
Books!
Got these cool books from my family. I can't wait to read the kids the Ghostbusters Little Golden Book. It makes me so happy that they made this!
 
Ninja Turtles Action Vinyls
These Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were originaly priced at $50 and are a store exclusive. A few months ago the store was going out of business and I was able to grab these Loyal Subjects Action Vinyls on clearance for about $8! THEY GLOW IN THE DARK!!! I always had my eye on them, but the price was way too high. Merry Christmas to me!
 
Stocking Stuffers
When I was a kid, our parents always let us rip into our stockings before the adults woke up. This was probably their way of gaining a few more minutes of sleep before we woke them up. It was always stuffed with small toys and snacks. I love the snacks! This year I got Swedish Fish, War Heads Chews, Cry Baby Drops and Slim Jims. In addition to that my wife got me a Hickory Farms sausage & cheese gift set. I ate it before taking pics. Also in the stocking were Ninja Turtles Mini-Comics, Garbage Pail Kids Mini-Figs, a 3DS case, sports cards and a few blind bag/box items.
 
I hope everyone out there had as great a holiday as I had, so once again MERRY CHRISTMAS and I will see you next year!

2 comments: