Monday, April 12, 2021

Throwback Jam of the Week: 4/12/21

 Throw on your Ruff Ryders Bandana and head to Yonkers as we take you back to the 90's! Without further ado, here is the 20 Years Before 2000 THROWBACK JAM OF THE WEEK!!

Artist: DMX
Song: Ruff Ryders Anthem
Album: It's Dark and Hell Is Hot (1998)
Peak Billboard Hot 100 Position: 93
Bonus Fun Fact: This song, produced by Swizz Beatz, was initially rejected by DMX for not being raw enough! It has since become one of his signature songs. The music video features cameos by Onyx, The LOX, Swizz Beatz and Eve.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know this song, but I have some fab 80's songs to recommend.

    Timex Social Club - Rumors
    Club Nouveau - Lean On Me
    Jody Watley - I Don't Want To Fall In Love
    The Whispers - Rock Steady
    The Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
    Eddy Grant - Electric Avenue or Gimme Hope Jo'anna
    Ray Parker Jr. - Invasion, Other Woman, I Still Can't Get Over

    I could go on, but I have probably outstayed my welcome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outstayed? Never! I have covered some of those songs in previous posts, but I always welcome the suggestions. Thanks!

      Delete