Monday, April 5, 2021

Throwback Jam of the Week: 4/5/21

  Throw on your freshest head band and head to Flint, MI as we take you back to the 80's! Without further ado, here is the 20 Years Before 2000 THROWBACK JAM OF THE WEEK!!

Artist: Ready For The World
Song: Oh Sheila
Album: Ready For The World (1985)
Peak Billboard Hot 100 Position: 1
Bonus Fun Fact: This song features a fake Brittish accent performed by singer Melvin Riley Jr. because in his words, "I like that kind of accent, so I thought I'd use that sound"!

6 comments:

  1. YES!!!! Dreams do come true! Terrible album, but a timeless song! The Jheri curl was distributed amply around this group!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I love how the drummer was all, "Yeah, I'm not wearing a suit and tie."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness. Didn't even have to open the video to hear the refrain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a memorable song. Thanks for checking it out!!! Got a good one coming next week too!!

      Delete