Monday, March 21, 2022

Throwback Jam of the Week: 3/21/22

 Throw on your Hot 97 shirt, and head to the turntables as we take you back to the 90's! Without further ado, here is the 20 Years Before 2000 THROWBACK JAM OF THE WEEK!

Artist: Funkmaster Flex feat. ODB & Biz Markie
Song: Nuttin But Flavor
Album: Nuttin But Flavor Single (1995)
Peak Billboard Hot 100 Position: N/A
Bonus Fun Fact: Funkmaster Flex released 3 compilation albums for Loud back in the late 90's, but this song was one of his first recorded original songs!


2 comments:

  1. Fun song. Have never heard it before. Definitely has some vibes from 80s rap. Cool hybrid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. I grew up listening to Funk master Flex at Hot 97, so it was pretty cool to hear him doing his own thing with some heavy hitters in the rap world. When I was a DJ, I had a friend who worked at Hot 97 and he would bring me swag every now and then. Still have my shirt from the early 2000's.

      Delete