Friday, April 24, 2020

NIKE Comic Book Ads

In the 90s basketball was everything to me. I was all-in on Michael Jordan and the Bulls, but still supported my local New Jersey Nets. I attended many games with my family and teammates at Brendan Byrne Arena in the Meadowlands to see some of my favorite players hit the court. I got to see Tim Duncan, Chris Mullin, Shaquille O'Neal, Vince Carter, Drazen Petrovic and so many more! I played on teams since the 5th grade and actually ended up winning 2 championships in that time and was named to the All-Tournament team in '95! So, not to get any longer but I was a basketball card collecting, game watching, sneaker consuming fool! I don't remember seeing these NIKE ads below when they were first used, but I found them recently and I love the looks of them! Comics and basketball...COUNT ME IN! Now it's time for me to stop babbling and for you to enjoy some sweet retro advertising!




Pretty cool right? I couldn't find any on-air advertising to back up this print ad campaign, but while searching YouTube, I did find this animated NIKE ad for the Barcelona Olympics in 1992!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool. I remember buying the NBA Jam Session video on VHS. Are you watching The Last Dance documentary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could watch it! Don't have a subscription to ESPN. I have been watching some of the snippets on the NBA ROKU channel though and it looks AMAZING!

      Delete