Friday, June 30, 2017

GPK Card Review: Adam-Geddon


I don't know how many times I can state this, but I am a sucker for Garbage Pail Kids cards. I collected these stickers back in the 80's during the height of GPK Mania! So, every time I see a new series by Topps on the shelves, it gives me a nice warm feeling inside. It brings back the nostalgia of stopping at the local corner store with my Dad and picking out a pack. Naturally I recently purchased a pack of GPK: Adam-Geddon cards. Here's what was inside:
Stuffed Stephan, Whipped Kareem, Noah Room & Francis Fungus. I did enjoy the Whipped Kareem & Noah Room cards. They seemed like they could have fit into any retro GPK release. The Francis Fungus, just seemed lazy to me. I understand after all these years it is gonna be difficult to come up with fresh ideas, but I expect a little more out of my Garbage Pail Kids. I was not too happy to receive an A & B variation card of pretty much the same character in a 4-card pack, but it's not unheard of in a pack of GPK. I'll let that slide.
Here's where my biggest beef was with this new Adam-Geddon release. The backs are so plain and terrible! GPK is famous for their great backs that included everything from puzzle pieces to mini comics to fake awards. This unoriginality drives me nuts. I will not spend anymore money on this Topps release. Let's forget this nastiness and bask in the greatness that is the 80's GPK card backs!

No comments:

Post a Comment